Car up for grabs at Chorley Golf Day
THERE should be plenty of birdies at Shaw Hill Golf and Country Club this season. But on August 20 some of them will be Magpies!
That’s the date for Chorley Football Club’s annual Golf Day when inspirational manager Garry Flitcroft and head coach and fellow Blackburn Rovers legend Matt Jansen swop studs for spikes and hopefully invite some of their soccer pals to join them.
And you can swing along with them and help to boost the club’s finances.
Apart from promising a “hole” lot of fun, there’ll be lots of prizes up for grabs – including a fabulous Nissan Juke car!
It’s been generously provided by Victory Park stadium sponsor The Chorley Group who will hand the keys to the first player to ace a nominated par three hole.
If you want to join in the action you are advised to book your place as soon as possible the event is limited to 24 teams of four players comprising men, women or mixed.
The format is the popular stableford system with the best two scores on each hole counting and because there’s a shot-gun start everyone will finish their rounds at the same time.
Shaw Hill, which also supports the Magpies, has reduced the price of a team to £350 (VAT ex) that covers green fees, bacon sandwiches and tea or coffee on arrival, and a three-course evening meal and prize presentation.
You can enter on line at www.chorleyfc.com/golfday where you will also find more details on the day or by picking up a form from the club office at Victory Park.
Extra guests for the evening meal, at 6pm, are welcome at a charge of £20 a head.
- + Brookbanks makes Owen Street switch
- + Mobile signing secures hot-shot's se...
- + Fans behind new deal with global brand
- + Ex-Wakefield chairman to lead youth ...
- + Trophy hunters prepare to confirm be...
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Trophy exit cuts short Gray era
- + Caretaking strikers handed posts per...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Wilson warns off predators
- + Gladiators hailed for fighting spirit
- + Stabbed keeper is lucky to be alive
- + View All News