Charity match for Ciaran Geddes
Chester Football Club are set to mark the sad and tragic loss of 7 year old Chester fan Ciaran Geddes, with a special Charity match between the current Chester FC championship winning squad, and a Chester City FC XI made up of members from the 2004 Conference Championship winning team.
The Club learned off Ciaran’s death last week, and held a minute’s applause at our final game against Marine, on Saturday, at the Exacta Stadium.
Being a Community Club, and knowing that Ciaran was part of the Chester FC family, we wanted to support the family as much as possible and are delighted to announce the Charity match that will take place on Sunday 13th May, at the Exacta Stadium (12noon Kick off).
Former Chester players such as Daryl Clare, Paul Carden, Wayne Brown, Phil Bolland, Michael Twiss, Jamie Heard, Kevin McIntyre, and Carl Ruffer are amongst the players set to appear for the 2004 team, that will take on the current Champions.
We will also have some other guest appearances for the match too, which we hope to confirm shortly, but the day is set to be an emotional occasion, but one that will be enjoyed too.
Proceeds from the match will be donated to the charity, nominated by Ciaran’s family, and we would like to encourage as many people as possible to attend the event, whether they are football fans, family and friends, or those simply touched by the sad story, to pay tribute to the very short life of Ciaran Geddes.
- + Trophy hunters heading to Devon!
- + Harrison Park to host Euro clashes
- + Snow reward is better later than never
- + Harris pays the price for Scholars s...
- + Saturday's First Division North acti...
- + Saturday's First Division South acti...
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Fans weigh in to boost fighting fund
- + Best of luck to our trophy hunters!
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Trophy hunt is Friday's hot topic
- + Goodison named as new assistant manager
- + View All News