Evans hoping Wynter can transform season
Wynter, 20, made an appearance for the Sky Blues’ first team before playing in Spain for professional club Jerez through the Glenn Hoddle Academy.
The full back or midfielder then returned to the UK and had a brief spell in the Blue Square Bet Premier with Hayes and Yeading United before linking up with the Roms.
The youngster is expected to go straight into the side to face Carlton Town on Saturday as Evans is without midfield pairing Gavin Day (injured) and Nathan Walker (suspended).
The Roms will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing result at Coalville Town last Saturday as they allowed a two goal lead to slip, losing 4-2 in Leicestershire.
Evans said: “We made a good start but we didn’t defend well and suffered through individual mistakes.
“We had a good chat afterwards and we need to get the Romulus of old back – we need to roll up our sleeves and show some spirit – the lads here have had enough chances, they need to show their worth now.”
The Romulus manager will also have to make do without experienced goalkeeper Lee Evans, who has returned to former club Chasetown with Lewis Exall expected to deputise.
Evans added: “We will go into the game with a positive outlook as performances have generally been quite good.
“We have proved we can score against decent sides now and have got that bit of belief back, we just need to cut out those errors and I am sure we can climb the table.
“Carlton will be a test like any other side in this league but it is a game we are capable of getting a result from.”
- + Secretary doubling up as interim cha...
- + Reality check for reluctant Gladiators
- + Tuesday's First Division North actio...
- + Tuesday's First Division South actio...
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + Comedy capers returning to the Arriva
- + Timely loan move for Tigers keeper
- + League clubs to commemorate iconic t...
- + New strikers on board to boost optio...
- + Monday's First Division South action...
- + Bolder thanks well-wishers for support
- + Blues defender could be back by January
- + View All News