Evans plea for upturn of form books
ROMULUS boss Richard Evans has called on his side to turn the form book upside down as he prepares his troops for a home game with leaders Grantham Town.
The Roms will be looking to bounce back from their 4-0 defeat at promotion chasing Carlton Town last week and put further distance between themselves and the bottom two sides in the Evostik Northern Premier League Division One South.
The Gingerbreads on the other hand have been a model of consistency this season, topping the table by eight points with just five games to play and Evans admits a tough task lies in wait.
“They [Grantham] have been brilliant and had a great season – they are a big, strong and physical side so we will have to be prepared for that and we’ll have to be at our best.
“They are a top side and these are the kind of games we all want to be involved in - we will need to upset the form book after three poor performances and we’re looking for a reaction from the lads.
“At Carlton last week we suffered from lapses in concentration at the back, but this is a big game for the club against opposition with a good pedigree – it will be a good game for people to watch.”
The Roms will be without Gavin Day whose ankle injury keeps him side lined while Nathan Walker serves the last game of his two-match suspension, but Evans will have his squad boosted by the return of defender Sean Robinson and front-runner Charisma Agbonlahor, both from illness.
- + Rams are first in the queue for acco...
- + Highlights switch brings welcome win...
- + Skipper returns for survival fight
- + Football mourns president's passing
- + Phillips hails loan star's impact
- + BBC choose Warrington for live coverage
- + Caretakers win succession race at Au...
- + Confidence is sky high at Blues
- + Striker on the mend after fracture s...
- + Green credentials are in the can!
- + Robinson welcomes weekend off
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + View All News