Latics loan duo lift Chorley
Both joined the Magpies on initial one-month loan deals on Monday and go straight into Flitcroft's squad for Tuesday night's Evo-Stik NPL Premier Division clash with AFC Fylde at Victory Park
The players have impressive pedigrees having already appeared in Oldham's first-team.
Mellor, a left-sided defender or midfielder, joined the Latics as a 16-year-old from Manchester United. After spending time in Oldham's youth team he made his competitive debut last season as a substitute in a League Cup match against Carlisle United.
He went on to score 16 minutes into his Football League debut against Scunthorpe and was reportedly the subject of a £300,000 bid from Fulham 12 months ago.
Millar, a 20-year-old winger or striker, is a product of Oldham’s Centre of Excellence and made his first team debut for the Latics aged 16. He’s made a total of 16 first team appearances to date and has also been capped at Under 21 level by Northern Ireland.
Flitcroft is grateful for Oldham's aid. "I'd like to thank Paul Dickov [Oldham's manager] for giving us permission to bring in David and Kirk," he said.
"Due to injuries and suspensions our squad is down to the bare bones at the moment so these two signings will give us a lift. Both lads have great quality and this is a good opportunity for them to show what they can do."
- + Former Magpies midfielder set for ho...
- + International clearance comes throug...
- + Download your guide to Saturday's ac...
- + Unicorns celebrate new stadium right...
- + League clubs to commemorate iconic t...
- + Competition launched to locate leagu...
- + Mintcakes move to secure hot-shot
- + Doodson review and second round draw
- + Dale revamp their social media output
- + Bigger picture keeps Rusbury smiling
- + Goals galore for academy's early stars
- + Daniels prepare for emotional send-off
- + View All News