New manager for Prescot Cables
Three Evo-Stik NPL clubs have announced new managers as they look to prepare for the 2012/13 season.
First Division North side Prescot Cables have announced that David Powell is the man to replace Shaun Reid, who left the club for Warrington Town at the end of last season. The UEFA B licenced coach joins the Club from Premier Division side Ashton United, where he has spent the last two seasons as first team coach and Head of Player Development.
The appointment represents a return to a management role for Powell who previously guided Wigan based Ashton Athletic from the local leagues into the First then the Premier Division of the North West Counties League during a four year stint.
Powell said "I am excited to be joining Prescot Cables, and I am really looking forward to working with the dedicated Directors and volunteers who are working tirelessly to progress the Club. I have admired the commitment displayed by the players in difficult circumstances during the course of last season and hope that most of the lads will return and continue in the same vein next season"
He adds "I will be liaising closely with the our reserve and youth team managers to continue the Club's excellent record of developing young players and will also be working throughout the off season to strengthen the squad where necessary. In addition to using my own contacts, I would also like to encourage players with the track record or the belief and potential to play at Evo-Stik level to feel free to make contact with me where possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org , or for an informal chat on 07770 696747.
Meanwhile, divisional rivals Ossett Town have appointed Glasshoughton Welfare's promotion winning manager Craig Elliott as their new boss, and former Retford United chief Brett Marshall is the new manager of Hucknall Town.
- + Rams are first in the queue for acco...
- + Highlights switch brings welcome win...
- + Skipper returns for survival fight
- + Football mourns president's passing
- + Phillips hails loan star's impact
- + BBC choose Warrington for live coverage
- + Caretakers win succession race at Au...
- + Confidence is sky high at Blues
- + Striker on the mend after fracture s...
- + Green credentials are in the can!
- + Robinson welcomes weekend off
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + View All News