Northern Premier League - Press Statement
Woodley Sports Football Club.
Following a hearing on Friday 13th April 2012 Northwich Victoria Football Club have been found guilty of failing to comply with League Rules 2.9.2, 2.9.3 and 14 b 4 relating to financial matters.
The membership of the Northern Premier League has been terminated with effect from the end of the current playing season and the club will not be allowed to participate in this seasons promotion play-offs.
In a following hearing Woodley Sports Football Club were charged with failing to comply with League Rules 2.5, 2.6 and 8.5 relating to Ground Grading Criteria and Security of Tenure compliance.
Woodley Sports Football Club were found guilty on the three charges and will be relegated at the end of the current playing season to a level determined by the Football Association. The club will not be allowed to participate in this seasons First Division North Play Offs if they qualify.
Both clubs have the right to appeal this decision to the Football Association.
The League or its officers will not be making any further comments until such time as the appeal process has been exhausted. A statement will be made in due course relative to the qualifying teams and dates of the Premier Division Promotion Play Offs [and possibly First North] which will be impacted by this decision.
- + Fair Play Winners for August
- + League leaders win season's first aw...
- + Spotlight on league's international ...
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Homage paid to proud history
- + Latest recruit could miss starring r...
- + New sponsors want healthier fans
- + Shot in the arm for disability footb...
- + Worldwide spotlight on the Wrens!
- + Comeback can kick-start season
- + Charity's chance on Non-League Day 2014
- + View All News