Pitmen keen to look on the bright side
Hednesford Town Football Club Supporters Association Joint-Chairman, Scott Smith, has talked of his excitement as the Keys Park outfit prepare for their end of season Presentation Evening on Friday May 18th, keen to look on the bright side of a campaign which ended with defeat to eventual Play-Off winners Bradford Park Avenue.
Despite The Pitmen losing 5-0 at the semi-final stage Smith is keen to encourage supporters of the Club to attend the evening in celebration of a very successful season regardless of its end, which included a victory home and away against fierce local rivals Stafford Rangers for the first time in over 60 years, a third consecutive season in the top five and the emergence of both Chris Clements and Cheyenne Dunkley who received ‘Player of the Season’ gongs at the Evo-Stik League Awards.
‘The heavy defeat against Bradford will stay with us all Summer but it’s vitally important that the fans pull together and show their support for the squad of players who gave their all throughout a tough season. The discussions about what went wrong are valid and need to take place but the Presentation Evening will give the fans the chance to reflect on an ultimately successful season.’
There will be numerous awards handed out to the players and staff of the Club in recognition of their hard work throughout the 2011/12 season. Tickets are available by contacting the Club on 01543422870 or firstname.lastname@example.org priced at £3 for SA Members £4 for Non Members and doors open at 7.30pm.
- + Duffield ends his reign at Nailers
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Robinson: Wrens are ready to take off
- + Winger earns his first contract at C...
- + New signing in line for early debut
- + League Statement
- + Showcase night for brand new stadium
- + Sponsor lends a healing hand!
- + Deadline set to appoint new manager
- + O'Connor to mentor academy stars
- + Coverage coup before cup clash even ...
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + View All News