Potts in Premier League trial
“Pottsy trained with QPR on Monday and played for the reserves on Tuesday.” Albans said. “He played 85 minutes as a left midfielder against a strong Spurs side watched by Harry Redknapp and got himself a goal as well.”
Gingerbreads Chairman Steve Boam was quick to support Potts.
“He has earned the contract we gave him at the club.” Said Mr Boam. “He is contracted to the club until the end of next season, but we are expecting QPR to be in touch with us and we will see where it goes from there.”
Potts, who played 50 times for the Gingerbreads was the only triallist involved in the game. Potts is still only 22 and is now approaching 150 games for Grantham in the three seasons he has been at the Meres.
“When you think that he came to us as a centre forward who had scored goals at Radcliffe, he has come a long way.” Said Albans. “He has worked hard and deserved the chance he has got. QPR are one of a number of clubs who are interested in him.”
- + Robins launch new monthly magazine
- + League clubs to commemorate iconic t...
- + Wednesday's First Division South act...
- + Academy entry hailed by latest recruits
- + TV challenge finally finds a winner!
- + Secretary doubling up as interim cha...
- + Reality check for reluctant Gladiators
- + Tuesday's First Division North actio...
- + Tuesday's First Division South actio...
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + Comedy capers returning to the Arriva
- + Timely loan move for Tigers keeper
- + View All News