Scholars swoop for Hendrie
Chasetown have signed former Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie following his release from Kidderminster Harriers.
Hendrie played for the Villains between 1996 and 2007 and has also appeared for Sheffield United, Stoke City and Derby County among others, and won an England cap against the Czech Republic in 1998.
After his release by Bradford City last January, the 34-year old spent time with Liga Primer Indonesia club Bandung FC, before returning to England and turning out for Daventry Town and Kidderminster - for whom he played on a non-contract basis until his release this week.
Goalkeeper Lee Evans has also rejoined the Scholars fold having most recently appeared for Romulus. Evans is best known for his two penalty saves in the famous FA Cup victory over Port Vale in 2007, and has appeared for a number of Evo-Stik NPL clubs since, including Stafford Rangers.
- + Family and friends mourn Throstle Ne...
- + Bucks need a new pair of healing hands
- + Onwards and upwards for league gradu...
- + Silkmen clash to mark late fan's pas...
- + Harvey fits the bill for Pritchard
- + Second live broadcast for new station
- + Throstle Nest clash is free to forces
- + Full steam ahead for new chairman
- + Saturday's transfers, latest summer ...
- + Time to tee off at the Blues!
- + Ingfielders celebrate new kit and ma...
- + Proud newcomers kick off on new surface
- + View All News