Soule takes Millers job
New Mills named coach Roy Soule as their manager on Sunday following their 4-1 victory at Bamber Bridge.
The Millers parted company with Ally Pickering and his assistant Jim Wightman on Thursday and Soule, pictured, was appointed as his permanent replacement after Saturday's Evo-Stik NPL First Division North win.
A former Manchester United junior player, Soule was Karl Marginson's number two at FC United of Manchester until May when he left and then joined Pickering's coaching staff in the summer.
Millers Chairman Ray Coverley confirmed the appointment of the former Crewe Alexandra and Oldham Athletic scout on Sunday and said the new manager at Church Lane would be installing his own coaching team.
Soule led New Mills to their fourth win on the road in his first game in charge and returns to management having had a lengthy period in charge at Glossop North End before managing Caernarfon Town, Mossley and later Droylsden
Pickering left New Mills in fifth spot having won six of his seven league games so far this season. He was appointed caretaker manager of New Mills in March 2010 and guided the Millers to the North West Counties Premier Division crown in his first full season in charge.
- + Ex-Alex academy director named as ne...
- + Nailers take two in double deal
- + Replacement keeper earns contract re...
- + Macauley doubles up on quality loans
- + Boro and Maguire go their separate ways
- + Saturday's six-pointer is key to sur...
- + Law reunited with long-term number two
- + Euro giants kicking off summer of ce...
- + Monday's Premier Division action review
- + Monday's First Division North action...
- + Scholars land former Lambs boss
- + Ready made replacement returns to to...
- + View All News