Wilson targets strikers for play-off push
Ilkeston manager Kevin Wilson is on the hunt for a new striker to boost his squad's charge for an Evo-Stik Northern Premier League play-off spot.
A new front man could arrive within days after the Premier League manager confirmed on Friday that he'd lodged seven-day approaches with two leading league rivals earlier this week.
Wilson, pictured, says he's happy with his current strike force but wants more options and is determined not to allow his side's record-breaking unbeaten run to breed complacency.
He said: "Gary Ricketts and Aaron Hooton have done fantastically well since they linked up together and they've proved themselves to be a real handful to defenders. But they are very similar in style and I think there are occasions when it's good to change the way you operate.
"We need to have something different up our sleeve. I always like to have five strikers so that there's good competition for places. You've got cover for injuries and suspensions and since Jordan Smith moved to Boston United, we've been down to four.
"Consequently I've given seven days notice that we would like to speak to two strikers who have impressed us. And although those approaches might come to nothing - for whatever reason - we are definitely in the market for a striker."
- + Former Magpies midfielder set for ho...
- + International clearance comes throug...
- + Download your guide to Saturday's ac...
- + Unicorns celebrate new stadium right...
- + League clubs to commemorate iconic t...
- + Competition launched to locate leagu...
- + Mintcakes move to secure hot-shot
- + Doodson review and second round draw
- + Dale revamp their social media output
- + Bigger picture keeps Rusbury smiling
- + Goals galore for academy's early stars
- + Daniels prepare for emotional send-off
- + View All News