Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Gladiators hailed for fighting spirit
- + Stabbed keeper is lucky to be alive
- + Son pays tribute to Mrs Halesowen
- + Time to download your weekend preview!
- + Midfielder happy to be home again
- + Player manager targets more fresh faces
- + Online giants unveiled as new partners
- + The Transfer List, midweek special
- + Donation drive raises thousands in h...
- + Wednesday's First Division North act...
- + Hot-shot hailed on return to Arriva
- + Possession is key to success, warns ...
- + View All News