Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Snow reward is better later than never
- + Harris pays the price for Scholars s...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Saturday's First Division North acti...
- + Saturday's First Division South acti...
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Fans weigh in to boost fighting fund
- + Best of luck to our trophy hunters!
- + Trophy hunt is Friday's hot topic
- + Goodison named as new assistant manager
- + Stadium makeover getting underway
- + TV cameras charting dream takeover
- + View All News