Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Players get cheeky for charity!
- + Strain rules midfielder out for a month
- + Banner tribute to centurion striker
- + Interim duo throw their hats into ring
- + Free admission to mark new memorial
- + Rivals thanked for helping stricken ...
- + Knapper replaces one half of dugout duo
- + Third new manager on the way after M...
- + Bouncing Bucks rewarded for winning ...
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + Tuesday's First Division South actio...
- + View All News