Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Christmas comes early for double act
- + Final show of the year out now!
- + Lunchtime start on New Year's Day
- + Double scoop on busiest day yet
- + Macauley backed to preserve proud re...
- + Council considering plans to end exile
- + Rushbury hails his touchline partner
- + Veteran striker to lead young guns
- + Nailers are latest academy recruits
- + Tuesday's First Division South actio...
- + Tuesday's First Division North actio...
- + Yeltz hosting charity collection for...
- + View All News