Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Ward returns to lead survival fight
- + New podcast is a silverware special!
- + Winger cleared to start scoring again
- + Tulips borrow Boston winger Kennedy
- + Champagne on the way to fair play kings
- + Rams are first in the queue for acco...
- + Highlights switch brings welcome win...
- + Skipper returns for survival fight
- + Football mourns president's passing
- + Phillips hails loan star's impact
- + BBC choose Warrington for live coverage
- + Caretakers win succession race at Au...
- + View All News