Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + League clubs chosen to lead discrimi...
- + Thorpe returns to league as number two
- + Homecoming for former skipper
- + Caution-free Castle are out in front
- + League leaders win season's first aw...
- + Spotlight on league's international ...
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Homage paid to proud history
- + Latest recruit could miss starring r...
- + New sponsors want healthier fans
- + Shot in the arm for disability footb...
- + View All News