Witton break club goalscoring record
Witton Albion’s 3rd goal in the 5-0 win over Warrington Town on Easter Monday - scored by Chris Gagham - notched up their 93rd league goal of the season’s campaign.
In their 30 year membership of the Northern Premier League this represented the highest total of league goals recorded in a single season. In 2006-07 the team scored 90 goals whilst in our debut season, back in 1979-80, a total of 89 goals were scored.
Albion's five goals took them past Garforth Town as First Division North's top goalscorers, and level with Premier Division champions Chester. Carlton Town (D1S) lead the three divisions with 95 goals.
Teams with 90+ goals this season;
- + Duffield ends his reign at Nailers
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Robinson: Wrens are ready to take off
- + Winger earns his first contract at C...
- + New signing in line for early debut
- + League Statement
- + Showcase night for brand new stadium
- + Sponsor lends a healing hand!
- + Deadline set to appoint new manager
- + O'Connor to mentor academy stars
- + Coverage coup before cup clash even ...
- + Tuesday's Premier Division action re...
- + View All News